Winburn Middle School
Once A Warrior, Always, A Warrior
Committed to Respect, Protect and Provide for our future!
Dress Code 2013-2014
DANCE BLUE!!!-Deadline to turn in $5: Thursday, March 6th
- Winburn Middle School is partnering with Dance Blue UK to help raise money to fight childhood cancer
- As part of this Dance Blue UK will be coming to Winburn, Friday, March 7th to conduct an hour long Danceathon/Warriathon with partcipating students.
- Students who want to participate are asked to bring in a $5 donation to their 1st hour exploratory teacher by Thursday, March 6th.
- All money collected will be donated to the University of Kentucky Pediatric Oncology Unit.
Weather Makeup Days/Calendar Change
As of February 12, 2014, we have missed 10 days of school due to winter weather. Under state law, we must make up every day we miss so that there are 177 days of teaching and learning in the school year. There is no exception to this rule unless we miss 20 days, a state of emergency is declared, or if a change is approved by the Governor or General Assembly.
All Fayette County Public Schools will now be in session on:
February 17, 2014 (no preschool sessions)
March 21, 2014
April 25, 2014
May 29 and 30, 2014
June 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6, 2014
These days were originally scheduled as days off for students. Instead, please make plans to be in school. If your family has a conflict, please work with your school principal to make accomdations.
Remaining "Possible Weather Make-up Days" are: June 9-13, 2014
Super Saturday Classes
- The Winter Super Saturday program is held from 12:00 to 2:30 the four Saturdays in February.
- Super Saturdays' classes are planned for students in grades 1 – 8 who are of high ability or have high interest in a topic to pursue their passions outside the regular classroom.
- Classes and the application are posted at http://www.wku.edu/gifted/super_saturdays/index.php.
- If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
Student Computer Accounts-New Webmail Location
- Students will use the same usernames/email addresses as last year
- The only difference will be new passwords have been set. Students can get their passwords from their team teachers.
Before/After School Programs
- Spring dates TBA
- Before School Time: 7:30AM to 8:15AM
- Will consist of homework help and organization, career readiness, and project research
- After School Time: Lasts until 6PM
- Will consist of enrichment and academic programs
2013-2014 Supply Lists
- Seminoles (Attendance Area 8th Grade)
- Knights (Attendance Area 7th Grade)
- Mayas (Attendance Area 6th Grade)
- Centurions (All Grade Levels)
8th Grade Recognition Ceremony DVDs are ready to be picked up
- DVDs are in front office
- These are only for those that ordered at the recognition ceremony
- You will need to sign next to your name or child's name on receipt form when you pick up your DVD